We had a great visit with family this past weekend. Ty's mom came out first, spending Saturday through Tuesday with us! Then my cousin Amy joined us Tuesday night, and the rest of Ty's family came Wednesday night! Once everyone was here we headed up to Palmyra for the pageant! It was my first time seeing it, and I had a really great time. Owen did too. He LOVED having his family to visit :)

Wednesday we took grandma CC and "cousin Amy" (as Owen called her the entire time she was here) to the Metropolitan Museum of Art! We explored the Greek art and the instrument wing, as well as various paintings along the way! Owen stopped to squat in the middle of one room. I don't think he was contemplating the art...

This is our first night with "cousin Amy"! Owen got off to a bit of a grumpy start with Amy, but once she shared her cheese puffs with him, he was in love.

A sideways picture of grandma CC, Amy, and Owen in the Instrument wing at the Met.

The road trip begins! We stopped at a gas station, and I (of course) needed to use the bathroom. Inside, there was a note posted asking patrons to keep the bathroom clean. I was puzzled, since the rest of the bathroom looked like this...

Gross.

O and I had a little fashion show at another gas station. As you can see, we made a cat walk of the chip isle.

I think this one was my favorite :)

Daddy and Owen walking the grounds at the Palmyra Temple

Smelling the flowers
Our little family at the top of Cumorah's Hill.
The hike up Cumorah's Hill. I thought it was a bit of a hike to call a hill...
This is the cabin on Whitmer Farm where the church was organized April 6, 1830
50 or 60 people squeezed into this thing!
The building where the first Book of Mormon was printed and published
The Palmyra Temple
Sweaty Owen. While the rest of us were touring the Smith farm, he was running and jumping with grandpa Jed!
Tyson, Penelope, and I in the Sacred Grove. Owen was running with grandpa Jed while we were here too.
My cousin Amy and I! We have the same nose!
The whole crew (minus Owen and grandpa Jed of course) in front of the Smith cabin
Tyson, Amy, Penelope, and I with some of the cast from the pageant
2 comments:
Looks like fun! We need to meet Penny soon:). M is moving to 110th St.
Glad you blogged some pictures for me! I don't have to now! J/k! I think I'll try again someday... maybe...
I had a great time with you and your family--especially Cousin Owen! Tell him hi for me!
Post a Comment