Owen has been rather weepy today; a combination of not enough sleep, and too many kids now living in his house. But for the most part the day has been uneventful. Until the blowout. I had fed Penny, and she was content to just hang out in her swing. (Another aspect of my daughter that a LOVE. Owen could never be put down.) I took the opportunity to feed Owen his lunch. (Tuna fish and tomatoes... apparently it's a T day!) He couldn't sit still and actually eat his food, but I wanted him to nap, so I followed him around the house putting food in his mouth as he played. Once he finished I cleaned up, and went to check on Penny before I attempted to put Owen down for his afternoon snooze. That's when I discovered the mess. There was a brownish-orange stain all up the front of her onsie. Still, Penelope seemed unaffected by the disaster. I picked her up and took her to the bedroom for a major clean up. Owen followed us in and was playing across the room as I focused on his sister. The mess was everywhere, and only got worse when I tried to take off the soiled onsie. (I admit I had to clean her cheek once I got it off. Gross.) I ran out of wipes before I was done, and begged Owen to bring me the box next to him. The big helper ignored my pleas, and instead dropped a rain stick toy on his foot. So now I had an infant covered in poop and a screaming toddler. It was a complete catastrophe. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Instead I picked up my naked poopy baby, took her across the room to get the wipes, kissing my son on the way. In the end everyone was fine, though I think Penelope may have permanently dyed her skin a lovely orange. Now it's nap time. Owen has been yelling at me from his crib for the past 30 minutes, but has finally stopped. I suspect he has finally given in to his exhaustion. Penny is sleeping in her swing. I think Mommy is going to hulu Glee and take a nap.
3 comments:
You have the right idea! I often turn to Hulu during times of exhaustion or despair : )
I am so excited to have two kids :) You are a trooper and it is going to be fun learning from you how to handle moments like that!! Love Glee, by the way...
Hi! You don't know me, but becca (above) is a friend of mine and I saw your blog on her blog. I wanted to just say "amen"! to all the posts of your new daughter, I can so relate. I have a 2-year-old boy and a 3 month old daughter, and my life is basically the same!!! Haha! Energetic but loving boy, sweet baby girl, birthstory very similar. Disastrous days always happen when daddy's gone.
Post a Comment