Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Undercover Crawler
Up until recently I had decided that Owen was never going to crawl; that he was just going to go straight to walking. He had a wide variety of ways of getting around that did NOT include crawling. He would lie on his back and push himself backwards with his feet. He would lie on his stomach and push himself backwards with his hands. He would even do a little break dancing move where he would start on his bottom, roll to his left transitioning to his hands and knees, and roll to his right transitioning to his bottom again. He could do either of these moves all around the room. They just took him a while. Most of the time he prefered to just cry until Tyson or I came to pick him up. Recently though, I've noticed he was getting around a lot quicker when I wasn't in the room. I would leave the room for a few moments and he would have made it all the way across the room! And yet when he would be on his hands and knees in front of me, looking as if he were about to do it, he would simply sit back on his bottom and smile at me. Things just weren't adding up. Ty and I joked that he crawls as long as we're not around. He's an undercover crawler! Today, something happened to make me believe our little joke. Finally, tempted with something he just couldn't pass up, a board game... Owen blew his cover! He was on the other side of the room playing with a box of cars. Izzy wanted to play a board game and began to set it up on the floor as far from the baby as possible... for obvious reasons :) I sat down with Izzy to play "Funalogies", when Owen looked up, quickly got to his hands and knees, and made directly for the board game at the speed of light! This was no first time crawler... this was a seasoned veteran! One that clearly had manoeuvred these floors before! Since dropping the facade, Owen has crawled at work and at home without a problem. I guess he was just ready to let us in on his little secret ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol, that's hilarious.
Post a Comment