Friday, November 28, 2008

Another First :)

Owen just had his first Thanksgiving! The three of us went out to New Jersey to spend the day with our friends Josh, Katie and their two girls Maddie and Maja. Owen was up for almost the whole thing, though he did take an hour nap during the actual hour of feasting. He spent the majority of the day standing at their coffee table or trying to play with the electrical outlets. (Their all covered at his house! Fortunately his attempts were foiled by his mother.) He DID sit by his mommy while everyone played Ticket to Ride. He ate almost an entire Tupperware container of banana flavored stars in his little booster seat, and gave me EXCELLENT luck! I won! Thoroughly exhausted, he crashed during the drive home. He didn't wake up when I took him out of the car seat. He didn't wake up as I carried him to the elevator, up to the 9th floor and fumbled with my keys to get into the apartment. He didn't wake up as I took off his 2 jackets and laid him down in his crib! We were ALL tired. But we all had a wonderful day!

Of course neither Ty or I remembered to bring our camera to take any pictures of this special day... But I DO have a wonderful video of Owen and Izzy at work! One of Izzy's favorite things to do lately is to play "band". Owen likes it TOO!!!

1 comment:

becca said...

That's awesome. We love your blog!