Monday, August 16, 2010

the greatest gift ever

Guess who has become quite the super sleeper!? Little P slept for 10 hours two nights ago, and 9 1/2 hrs last night! I hope this is going to be a regular thing. She's really becoming a little person. She is full of smiles. :) She likes to be read to, she's starting to enjoy peek-a-boo, and she LOVES kids. Owen is her favorite person in the world. But kids in general are just fascinating to her! Owen's friend Aubrey came over to play for a little while today, and Pennie just stared at the two of them. I don't think she realizes that one day she too will be able to run around and play with things. She watches Owen play like he's some kind of side show exhibit! He amuses and amazes her :)
Here are a few pictures from the past few days...


This one is a little blurry, but I HAVE to share. One of my best friends and previous room mate, Ericka, sent this pink shirt for Pennie. If you look closely, there is a beautiful beaded decoration on the right breast of the shirt. That is from my wedding dress! I hated it on the dress, and Ericka (miracle worker that she is) took it off! I didn't know it, but she held onto it, and used it to decorate an outfit for our daughter! I totally cried when I realized what it was. It is absolutely adorable on her, and it makes it so special to me :) It doesn't just bring back memories of my wedding, but memories of my dear friend. I totally miss that girl. :(
I love you Ericka!


Here's Owen getting ready to go down the slide at the playground.


Nap time. This is what happens lately. Owen is convinced that he doesn't need one. I put him down and he talks to himself for 45 minutes. He then calls me and tells me that "Owen wake up!". He doesn't seem to understand that in order to wake up, one has to go to sleep first. Oh well. I end up taking him out, and this is what happens...


No comments: