Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tuna Fish

Owen is a thief. He takes things when you're not looking. He takes things right in front of you. His favorite thing to steal is your book mark. It doesn't really matter where you put your book either. Owen figures out a way to get to it, and take your book mark. Recently though, I have found he is a food thief as well.
For lunch the other day at work, I had given some cheese, some toast, and an egg to Owen. I had made Izzy tuna fish. Owen loves eggs and began eating it all up immediately. Izzy didn't want his tuna on a sandwich. He likes it with a little mayo, some salt and pepper, and a little dill. Just give the kid a spoon. So I did. Then I took the opportunity to check my email. There is a computer in the kitchen after all. What could possibly happen? I'll tell you. Izzy could get distracted and leave the table to roll around on the floor, Owen could get a hold of Izzy's plate, and Owen could eat the entire mound of tuna fish that I had made up for a 3 year old boy with his two little hands. Aside from a little tuna on his face and hands, there was no evidence. He was digesting it all. Along with an entire egg, all of the cheese and all of the toast. I guess he was hungry.

No comments: