Wednesday, June 11, 2008

update!

Wow... it's been a while since we've posted! We have been so busy lately. So much has happened. But first... an update :) Owen Michael is now 3 1/2 months old, 15 lbs, and 25 inches long! He's a very big boy. He has discovered his feet, and LOVES to try and pull them to his mouth. He hasn't quite gotten there yet, but I have every confidence that he will :)
Let's see... where to begin....
Tyson graduated from Columbia University a few weeks ago! We are both so very proud of him. :) His parents were able to come out for the occasion, and we all flew back to SLC that very same night! Owen did FABULOUSLY on the plane! Accept for making a HUGE doody as soon as they closed the doors, he was truly exceptional. We had to wait until we were in the air to change him, and by that point he had fallen asleep. I let him sleep for a few hours, but he smelled SO BAD! I finally just changed him in my lap. He didn't wake up! A real trooper ;) We were in Salt Lake for about 2 days. Owen got to meet his Great Grandparents, his Great Great Aunt, and a WHOLE lot of other family :) (As well as see some familiar faces) It was a nice visit, but far too short. Less than 48 hours later we were on another plane to CA to visit my family. Owen kept up with his usual MO, and produced another load just as they closed the cabin door. This time we got up for the change as soon as we were able. But other than that, he slept the entire flight again.
We had a GREAT visit with my family. Owen had never met them before! He got to meet his grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and his cousins!!! They were especially happy to meet him :) We had such a good time! We also got to share a very special day with my older brother! Ty and I got to go to the Temple with him for the first time. We were so glad that we could be there with him and we are so proud of him. The whole trip really was wonderful. It was great to see my parents, and my brothers and sister... though Harold remains elusive ;) I was so sad to leave. I always have a mild emotional breakdown when I leave. I try not to cry, but always loose it in the car. The trip really made me homesick, and sad that Owen doesn't get to see the rest of his family more often. The visit, though longer than the one to Salt Lake, was still far too short. We hope to be able to go back though in August when Tyler, his wife Kara, and their daughter Aiyana are sealed! So hopefully we will see you all again very soon!!!
I guess that's it for now. Tyson will get on soon and post some pictures of our trip :) But I wanted to write some things before I forgot them!!! Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Amanda W. said...

Did you have any Round Table Pizza while you were home?

The Ty Vans said...

Oh... I wish I did. But alas, no. We were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. That's what happens when you're there for such a short time. There are so many people to see and not enough time to visit them.