Thursday, May 19, 2011

working

I have a job! I've started teaching a musical theater class here in Salt Lake called "The Pee-wee Players". :) We work on different elements of theater; singing, acting, stage direction, and working together as an ensemble by learning scenes and songs from a specific show. This session we are working on "You're a good man Charlie Brown". We have 7 great kids in the class, and so far it has been a blast! It's really nice to have something that I do for me. It really works out too since I teach on Ty's day off. Wednesday has turned out to be a really busy day though. I'm also taking a science class this semester, ever chipping away at that Bachelors degree, so I also have two class meetings that also happen to be on Wednesday. I have a class at 9:30am that goes for an hour to an hour and a half, then I teach from 6 to 7pm, and then I have one more class at 8pm for an hour. Ty also goes and mows his grandpa's lawns (yes plural. He owns a few properties that he keeps up the grounds for.) in between! It's a little sad that his day off is spent like that. I kind of feel like we never see each other. But it will be worth it when he has a masters and can get a better job.

On another note, Pennie is driving me crazy.
She doesn't want to go to sleep at night. I usually snuggle her in the recliner, give her a bottle, and out she goes! No more. The moment she starts to get drowsy she starts throwing a fit! I figured if she was going to scream while I was holding her, she could scream in her bed. Bad idea. Pennie gets herself so worked up, she throws up! She has done this 3 times now. I can't leave her in her bed to cry it out if she's going to vomit all over the place. One, it's not safe since she could choke herself, and 2, it's gross. I'm not sure what to do! Last night, she woke up at 3am and would NOT go back to sleep! I had her for an hour and then Ty took her. I'm not sure what time he got her to bed.
If anyone has any ideas, I wouldn't mind if you shared.

No comments: