This is going to be a LONG post. In true Amanda style, I have just taken all of the new pictures off of my phone and I'm posting them to the blog.
So here's a little look at what we've been doing for the past few weeks!
We made our fist visit to the Hogle (spelling?) Zoo on Wednesday. We went with my sister in law Heidi and her family! We all had a really good time, Owen especially. When we would see a new animal, I would tell him what it was called. He would then call everyone over to tell them what the new animal was. It was really cute :)
So here's a little look at what we've been doing for the past few weeks!
We made our fist visit to the Hogle (spelling?) Zoo on Wednesday. We went with my sister in law Heidi and her family! We all had a really good time, Owen especially. When we would see a new animal, I would tell him what it was called. He would then call everyone over to tell them what the new animal was. It was really cute :)
They had a really great playground at the zoo, which we of course HAD to visit.Here is Owen on a gigantic spider!
For mothers day every year, Ty's family goes over to Great grandma's house to wash her windows. Owen helped out too! When we got there he said, "Grandma, I'm here to wash your windows!" He did a really good job too!
Pennie trying on daddy's ear covers. I'm not sure what to call them. Ty wears them to mow the lawn. Pennie kept pointing to them and saying, "Dat! Dat!", which means, "give me that please, I'd like to play with it." So we let her try them on.
Ty, Eric, and I are singing with the Sterling Singers in a concert at the Tabernacle. It's a pretty cool experience. The acoustics in there are the strangest I have ever experienced. In the audience, the sound is amazing. But when you are up there singing, the only thing you can hear is the person right next to you! Everyone else sounds like they are singing at the wrong time. we had a rehearsal there Tuesday night. Here's a picture of Ty. I had to take a close up, and then crop it in order to see him.
The kids and I went to the Tulip Festival up at Thanksgiving Point with my cousin Amy a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful. It made me homesick. It reminded me of the botanical gardens :(I'll have to do a new post just with pictures of that visit.
Pennie is my little book worm. She LOVES to read.She can often be found taking every book off of the book shelf.
Can you tell, I love them?You may also have noticed that her exersaucer is in the bathroom.
This is the only way I can take a shower. I cannot leave P alone.
She is the QUEEN of trouble.
The other day I walked the kids to the park. On the way, O fell asleep. When he woke up he REALLY needed the potty, which oddly enough is on the total opposite side of the park from the play ground. By the time we got there it was too late. Owen said, "Mommy, I had to go very badly." I felt awful. But I felt worse when I realized I had only brought him a change of underwear, and no pants! O didn't seem to mind. He went right on playing in his underpants, and ignored all of the odd looks.
Tyson likes to show off, and was hanging upside down on the monkey bars in the back yard. Of course, Owen HAD to try! So Ty helped him :)
We went to Wheeler Farm with Heidi and Natalie last week! It was so much fun. (Though I got sneezed on by both a cow, AND a horse.)
We have a picture of Owen when he was about 16 months on this saddle.I thought it was so fun to get a picture of the two of them on it!
The tree fort. The only thing that kept Owen going. He wanted to stay and ride the tractors all day. I told him we needed to see the animals too! That was not incentive enough. So I told him that somewhere on the farm was a tree fort! He was easily convinced to walk around looking for it, and the fact that we saw animals along the way was just a bonus!
Yes, I am lame. This is the ONLY picture I got of Owen on Easter. (which actually took place a week late since we were on a cruise for the real thing)
Martha. Two ducks are now living in our neighborhood. We call them George and Martha. They are super friendly. When I take the kids outside, they always come over to say hi :)
Owen climbing the slide. In my own defense, I only let him do this when there are no other kids on the playground. I hate it when moms let their kids climb up when there are other kids trying to slide down.
As Owen climbed he kept saying, "I'm climbing with all of my might!"















No comments:
Post a Comment