Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011


Happy 2011! Lots of things are new with the VDAs this new year. Here is a brief rundown.

Amanda: Living in Utah. Never thought I'd be doing that. I miss New York a TON, but I'm enjoying my time in my husband's homeland. The mountains are beautiful, and everywhere. I've learned what "powder" is. So much snow and unable to make a snowman! I really like being around Ty's family. They are such a fun group. I also love having the kids being so close to their grandparents. I'm supposed to be teaching a musical theater class, but they didn't get the catalogs out on time, and no one signed up. So I'll hopefully be doing that next session. (March-ish) I'm taking one class this semester; Childrens Literature. I'm really enjoying it so far. We've only been in class for 2 1/2 weeks and I've read 18 books! I'm still feeling a bit isolated. Especially since the weather isn't that great most of the time. But the kids keep me moving. So I'm a bit bored, but busy.

Tyson: Started his first semester of accounting classes with the community college near by. (He's taking 2 online classes) He has about a year of pre-requisites before he can get into the grad program he wants. He started a week after me, but he's starting to get into the swing of things. He's also got a job now. He's working for a mortuary... digging graves. That's right. Digging graves. It's a good paying job for Utah, though. He's still got some applications out for other positions, but a job is a job!

Owen: He's almost 3! I cannot believe it. But he really is turning into such a big boy. He is a super big potty boy! Owen is in underpants now! He is doing so well. He can even go for long car rides and hold it. He's enjoying using the "big potty" now. (as opposed to his little froggy potty) He has also been known to have conversations with the contents of the toilet when he is finished. He cracks me up. Owen sleeps in a big boy bed, in his very own room now. In the beginning, there were issues with escaping. But now he goes to bed and sleeps there all night. He is also sure to be quiet when he comes out in the morning if his sister is still asleep. Owen likes to play "bulldozer and crane", "crocodile" (where his Papa Jed is a crocodile trying to catch him) and "games". Games are HUGE. He doesn't really want to play by any rules. But if it is a board game, he wants to play it. Owen also loves to play "The Wonder Pets". He was introduced the The Wonder Pets in California at my parents house. He fell in love. He wears an apron as a cape, and rides around in an old stroller that he has dubbed "the fly boat", rescuing various animals. His birthday will be wonder pets themed, without a doubt.

Penelope: Almost 8 months old and close to 50 lbs. (I think?) She is huge! She is an excellent sitter, and will sit by herself forever if there are toys around to occupy her. She has learned to clap, and loves to show it off. She also loves to talk. She says "Da-Da" and "Ma-Ma" all the time, though she has no idea what they mean. She has two little teeth on the bottom, and when she smiles, they stick out like a little para-nah. She will eat almost anything you give her, but she still wont feed herself. If you offer her a blueberry puff (a favorite) she opens her mouth and waits for it. If you put it on the table in front of her, she'll pick it up and play with it, but will NOT eat it. She hates the car, has learned to like the bath, and loves the swing. She is a totally delightful child, accept for the middle of the night, when she's up all night screaming. Okay, maybe not ALL night. But she gets up once or twice most nights, and sometimes more. When she wakes up, she screams like she's in pain until she gets a bottle. (which she doesn't even eat all of) I'm not sure what to do about it. When she wakes up in the morning, she just hangs out in her bed playing with her feet and talking to herself until someone comes to get her. She's a little Jekyll and Hyde. But we love her!

No comments: