Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Utah

We are here! The kids and I flew into Utah from California on Monday. The kids were both great on the plane. Pennie took a nap first, and Owen slept the second half of the flight. I couldn't have asked for a smoother ride.
California was great. Owen had a ton of fun with his cousins, and he is going to miss them so much. Pennie will also miss my mother, who could put her to sleep in about 2 seconds! (Perhaps I am the one that will miss that the most) Owen got to help decorate the tree at my parent's house. This is the first year he really participated, and enjoyed himself. He had a really good time with my family. But all things come to an end. Off to Utah!
Owen loves the snow. Yesterday we went out for a walk, and he stomped through every bit he could find. Then he made his very first snowman! It wasn't great snow, but I think we did a pretty good job.
Unfortunately, the kids aren't really acclimating all that well to our new home. Pennie napped about an hour total yesterday, and neither child would go to sleep last night. Pennie hasn't slept through the night since we left New York. I'm totally exhausted. With no daddy, I'm the one to get up 5 or 6 times a night with her. (Though last night is was down to 2!) I think I have a permanent headache. Add to that, it's the last 2 weeks of my semester. The kids are not helping out in that department. I really question how I'm going to get my work done without Tyson. I feel bad leaving a little boy that has no intention of sleeping, and a baby girl with serious separation anxiety with anyone but their dad. I hope it gets better. I have As in both classes, and I will be really upset with myself if I loose it at the end because I just don't have time.
Anyway... I hear the call of the crying baby.

1 comment:

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

We miss you! I'm sorry the kids are not sleeping...that must be so tough. Hang in there!