Another interesting thing Owen has started to do is try and distract you from time-out. He starts talking about something else when you are trying to talk to him about whatever offense was committed. He's a smart little cookie. ;) The other day my sister Chelsea put him on the naughty square for kicking me in the stomach. As she sat there trying to explain to him why it is not okay to kick people he looked up at her and said, "Butt hurt?" She just looked at him confused. He reached around and grabbed his bottom, and repeated, "Butt hurt?" She lost it at that point and had to turn around and giggle. This is a strategy he has used on more than one occasion since. He was getting a talking to from Tyson and he said it again. Though this time he added, "Butt itch?" He knows when he says something like that it becomes very hard for the adult to keep a straight face. Tricky little potty mouth. I'm not totally sure where he got "butt" from since I say "bottom". Either way, time-out takes a little longer lately.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Poop and other potty talk
A few nights ago my sister and I were playing a game of Phase 10. (The greatest card game ever, for those of you that do not know.) It was getting closer to bed time for Owen, but at the time he was playing quietly, happily entertaining himself. The next thing I know, he is trying to hand me something. I had let him have part of a cookie earlier and it looked like a piece of that, but just to be sure I took it from him and sniffed it. It was NOT cookie. My son had brought me a small piece of poop! I am still not sure where it came from. My best guess is that someone tracked some in on their shoe, or that perhaps it stowed away in Ginny's (my sister's dog's) fur when she came back in from a potty break. Either way, it was completely disgusting. I grabbed Owen and immediately headed for the bathroom to clean hands. Unfortunately I had forgotten the poop, and left it on our dining room table right in front of my sister. She was kind enough to clean it up. This is one of the many reasons I will miss her. Not many people will pick up poop for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha...i love owen. Our kids are really getting too smart for their own good.
Post a Comment