Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Central Park Zoo

Monday morning Owen, Tyson, and I all went to Dr Patrick's for another Penny checkup. Unfortunately I'm still only dilated to a 2! This baby is stubborn! So what better cure than a long walk around the Central Park Zoo! Owen and I met our friends Ben and Kirsten and had a really fun day! Kirsten got most of these pictures of the boys. I didn't get very many good ones on my phone. I really need to get a small digital camera. I can't drag Ty's big one everywhere. It's just too much. But Kirsten got some great ones!
I'm not sure if you can tell, but Owen is picking the turtle's nose.

Owen would let the black sheep lick the food, and then he would feed it to the white one next to it. Sharing, or torture?

Bunny

We were there to look at the polar bears. The boys were there to play trucks.


Monkeys!

Owen LOVES Ben. He got to play with Ben all afternoon last Saturday while Ty and I went to the Temple and out to lunch. Ever since then he has been asking for "Ben's house?"! It's really funny. Owen loves his friends. They are (in no particular order) Abey, Izzy, Aubrey, and Ben. He asks for any or all of these fine individuals throughout the day. I love that he has friends. He remembers specific things about each of them too. Owen and I have been talking about how he is going to stay at his friends Abey and Izzy's house when I go to the hospital to have his sister. He was very excited about this idea, and went on and on about the size of Izzy's house! "Izzy BIG house!" haha! I had no idea that he was so impressed by the size of the Weitzman home!
I continue to be amazed at the things that Owen remembers. I recently purchased two new cups for him. They happen to be the same kind of cups that his cousins Michael and Abby have. He hasn't seen them since the beginning of February. I made him a drink in his new cup and he immediately started looking around the house asking about Michael and Abby! He was convinced that they must be there, since their cups were! So funny.
Well, hopefully in the next few days there will be a post announcing the arrival of a little sister! If I don't go into labor before, I'm scheduled for an induction on the 26th. 1 week left! I've made Ty prepare the cameras, so hopefully there will be lot's of pictures! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kirsten and Steve said...

Ben kept asking to see pictures of owen on our computer! He loves Owen as well! We had so much fun with you guys!