

Today Owen and I hung out with our good friend Kelly! We haven't seen her in way too long. We walked around the park and ended up at the carousel. We sat and talked while Owen watched the horses go around and around! I tried to take him on the carousel a little over a year ago and he was terrified, so I just assumed he wouldn't want to go on it. But when we went to leave he started crying. I asked if he wanted to ride the horses, and he said yes! So we all went for a ride! He was really excited about it at first, (see pictures) and even enjoyed the beginning as it started to go around while his horse went up and down. But then he decided he was scared again. He wanted to get off, but of course that is against the rules. As his only other option, he clung to me as if his life depended on it. He wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his head in my shoulder. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had been on a stationary horse. But no. The horse continued to go up and down with Owen on it. I was standing next to it, so mommy did squats over and over and over as the ride continued. That carousel is a long ride for those of you that don't know. At least it feels incredibly long if you do squats the entire time. The worst part of it though was slowing down. Slow squats at the end of numerous sets of regular squats is beyond agony. Oh well. A good workout, and a lesson learned. :)
1 comment:
That is awesome!! I'm so glad you lived through the experience. I remember one day while walking the boys we came across the carousel. Maxance really wanted to ride it, but there were signs EVERYWHERE that said children under 1 could not ride. Teo was only 6 months and Maxance wouldn't ride alone. Finally we asked if we could all go and the lady was like, sure why not? We went and sat in a carraige and Maxance was terrified the whole ride. I have pictures!
Post a Comment