Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The latest

Owen is officially a year and a half! He had his half birthday this past Saturday, August 22nd. He is such a big boy! We had his 18 month check up this morning and here are the stats...

Height: 33 1/4 inches

Weight: 25 lbs 6 oz

He's still quite tall for his age, while his weight stays about average. So he's a little on the skinny side, but perfectly healthy. Just like his daddy I suppose :)

Also, today he got his last shots until he turns 4! (Aside from the annual flu shot) He took them like the trooper he is, getting very mad with each prick, but refusing to show weakness. He quickly recovered :)

Some of Owen's favorite things as of now...

Dolphins, whales, fish, and boats. Anything that has to do with the ocean really. He loves it.

Cars, or as he likes to call them... "beep beeps". He loves driving them around and filling them up with cheerios and other various snacks. He also loves to throw them when he gets upset or frustrated. He gets his cars confiscated a lot recently. He gets one warning and has to go pick it up. If he throws it again, it's gone. The end.

Swings, or again in Oweneese, "wees!" He loves to go on the swing. And insists that I sing the same song "Little birdie" over and over and over. He usually just grunts and hollers until I do it. I'm trying to teach him the sign for music now. Owen also loves the rest of the play equipment on the playground. He loves the slide, and climbing on anything and everything available. He spins and jumps all over the place. Or tries to jump. He doesn't really get any air time, but he really has an impressive wind up ;)

Lastly Owen is preparing for the major leagues. He has quite a pitching arm. He loves to play catch/fetch. You catch, and he fetches. I have to admit I'm a little scared when he goes to throw a ball to me. He throws fast and hard, and I'm afraid I will end up with a black eye some day soon, even if it's a stuffed baseball ;) He also turns anything stick-like into a bat. Hot wheels track, rail road track, kitchen utensils, the occasional light saber... anything really. He uses it to hit balls around the room. He has a one handed golf swing that his Great Grandpa Van would be so proud of :)

Now for the pictures! I'm trying a new layout. Do you like it? :)





We decided to make a cake for Owen's half birthday! Owen helped his daddy make it. Unfortunately we started the project a little late, and Owen went to bed before it was done. We ate it without him... I feel a little guilty. :) He got some the next night though!








Letting daddy finish pouring the mix












Get every last bit of it Dad!












What's next?













This has HOW many calories in it!!!???












Is there any left??? :)













Daddy using the mixer! I love the mixer.









Owen ready for church and his first official day in Nursery!













CHEESE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Amanda- He is SOOO cute!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!