Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back to the Grind Stone

Life has gotten pretty much back to normal. I'm back at work again, but Owen gets to come with me! I think he likes it actually. He really loves to stare at Izzy... the two year old I watch during the day. And Izzy loves Owen. He tells me he's going to teach him to play with his toys when he's bigger. He's all too aware that Owen is still little. He announced to his music class last week that "Owen doesn't talk much". :) I think he's a little anxious for Owen to run around with him. It's going to take time, but I'm excited for Owen to have such an eager playmate.


Also, Owen had his one month check up! He is now 11 lbs 13 oz, and 23 3/4 inches long! He jumped from the 30th% in weight to the 72nd%, and he is in the 90th% in length. He hardly looks like the same little boy! His pediatrician says that he's the perfect specimen :) "He has a beautifully shaped head, beautiful skin, and he's VERY strong." (We knew that when I was still pregnant though, since he would kick at the nurse every time she tried to find his heart beat.) Owen also got some vaccinations. One of them was oral. The Dr. said he is one of 2 babies in her long career to actually like the stuff. He just lapped it up! He did NOT, on the other hand, like the shots. He got very mad, but calmed himself impressively well. He spent the next morning recovering with daddy.


Spring is finally arriving in the City, so we decided to take a family walk through Riverside Park. Of course, we had to stop and play along the way.

2 comments:

kt said...

So I'm guessing Owen took the picture of you guys on the seesaw?! Tell him I'm impressed with his photography skills!

Amanda W. said...

You guys are having way more fun on the seesaw then those kids in the background :D