Monday, December 15, 2008

Throw out your gum!

Sunday at church (during Relief Society) Owen was playing on the floor with our Bishop's newest daughter. She's just a few months older than Owen. So I let them play and tried to actually pay attention to the lesson. I thought I saw a little leaf on the floor out of the corner of my eye, but ignored it... it's just a leaf. A little while later I noticed that the leaf was gone so I immediately look at Owen, assuming that he ate it. He was indeed chewing on something. So I pick him up and start digging in his mouth for the remnants of the shrubbery. I noticed though, that Owen smelled like Spearmint! On the roof of his mouth, I found a piece of gum! GUM! Gum that had been in someone elses mouth and then on the floor! The whole back row... moms of course... looked at it with disgust and of course humor. Yes it is somewhat amusing, but incredibly gross. Please..... Throw away your gum in the TRASH!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda W. said...

Gross! Rest assured I always wrap my gum in paper of some sort and place it in a proper trash receptacle!

PopPop said...

YumYum

Hope he didn't find it stuck under the chair.

Well, at least it tasted (smelled) like spearmint.