Monday, September 22, 2008

Go Go Gadget Arms!!!

The other day I was feeding Owen Breakfast when I had to go to the bathroom. My sister had crashed at our place the night before, so I asked her to keep an eye on him while I went. From the bathroom I heard a familiar crash. When I got back Owen had somehow gotten a hold of his little bowl of cereal and applesauce, that I was positive I had put out of his reach, and threw it on the floor! There was food everywhere, and a huge smile on his face :) I have no idea how he got it. My guess is that he has secret gadget arms that I am unaware of ;) A few weeks ago I put him in his highchair and went into the kitchen to make his breakfast. (I can see him from there) I hear a funny noise and look up. Owen has grabbed the lamp, that again I was positive he couldn't reach, and was pulling it down on himself. We've gotta be extra careful with him.... he's tricky :)
We had his 6 month check up last week. He is 28 inches long and 20 pounds. He is really getting to be such a big boy! He sits so well on his own. I don't have to worry so much about him falling over anymore. If he has toys he's good to go for up to a half an hour. The only issue he has is when he pushes a toy out of his reach, he leans as far forward as he can, and rolls up onto his feet to try and get it. Then he realizes he's stuck. He doesn't know where to go from there, so he just screams until someone comes to rescue him. :) He's going to start crawling soon if my guess is right. I just can't believe it. It seams like yesterday he was so tiny and new, and now he's a little boy with a sense of humor and an attitude! :) He's also become a daddy's boy. Owen LOVES his daddy. You should see his face when Tyson walks into the room. It makes me so happy that they are so close. I hope they always have that kind of relationship.
Again, Ty has all our pictures on his laptop, so I'm going to MAKE him post some in the next few days.

No comments: