Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home with Owen



Ty and I love New York. But it's a long way from both our families. And now that we have a baby, they all feel farther! I thought that this blog would be a nice way to keep every one posted on our lives, especially little Owen's! We'll try and post things fairly regularly, and share LOTS of pictures :)
Being a new mommy is so exciting! There is never a dull moment. Owen is a little over three weeks old and already he's king of the castle :) He sleeps pretty well at night; three hours at a time. Although one of those stretches has to be in bed with mommy. And he's a pretty easy going baby, unless you are a little slow with the food. Then he makes his disapproval EXTREMELY clear with the exceptional lungs he has been blessed with.
He is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen... I'm not bias at all ;) He's so animated! The expressions he makes are just a riot! He quite often looks at you with this concerned face, as if he's worried about your competence. He can also look like he has a bad taste in his mouth; mostly when I offer him a chance to breast feed. But I have to say my personal favorite is the pursed lips, as if he's saying "oooo!". SO CUTE! Aunt Chelsea calls it his Zoolander impression, and I have to admit she's right. He's got it down!
Staying home with Owen has been a special experience for me. Every day brings something new. I've also been very lucky to have my sister Chelsea staying with us. She has been amazing. She's so good with Owen. And she will take him so that I have a few minutes to do things I can't do with a baby attached to me. I get to shower! She also took Owen for a few hours so that Ty and I could celebrate our first anniversary last Monday. We are really lucky to have her. I'm going to miss her when she gets her own apartment!
FUNNIEST MOMENT OF THE DAY- I gave Owen a bath this morning. Aunt Chelsea helped me by holding the towel while I picked him up out of the bath. Then we wrapped him up in it. He looks like a little ball with a head :) Almost immediately after Chelsea had him wrapped up nice and snug, he peed.... A LOT! All over the kitchen floor and... Aunt Chelsea's feet :)

No comments: